Why Critical Appraisal Matters
Updates & Contact Info
Free Online Tools
Free Online Tutorial
Follow & Share...
Like Us Find Us
Text BookDelfini Evidence-based Practice Short How-to Guide Book now available for purchase.
E, Posey LM. Evidence-based Pharmacotherapy. American Pharmacists Association.
APhA Publications; 1 edition (January 15, 2007).
pharmacotherapy textbook chapter is freely available for download.
publication page: Process
steps and suggestions for creating drug monographs and drug class
reviews in an evidence-based formulary system
DelfiniGram™: GET ON OUR UPDATE LIST
Delfini Publication Pages
"How To Survive the Medical Misinformation Mess" by John P. A. Ioannidis, Michael E. Stuart, Shannon Brownlee, Sheri A. Strite, published in the European Journal of Clinical Investigation.
Delfini Group Publishing
We have a series of evidence-based practice books available.
We have books for evaluating medical research studies, evidence-based P&T work and medical technology assessment. We have a book for scientists and industry. Soon to come, books for evidence-based clinical quality improvement and a book to help patients make informed medical decisions. See our books.
Delfini Primers & White Papers
- Confidence Intervals &
Their Use for Interpreting Significance of Results [PDF]
- See Performance Measures
above at Modern Health Care and —
- Performance Measures
Long Version: Recommended [PDF]
Short Version [PDF]
- Missing Data: Considerations
- Recognized in Shannon Brownlee's highly
Why Too Much Medicine Is Making Us Sicker and Poorer, Bloomsbury
USA; 1 edition (September 18, 2007), which was named the best economics book of 2007 by New York Times economics correspondent David Leonhardt.
- Key Citations for "How to Survive the Medical Information Mess include
- Page MJ, Boutron I, Hansen C, Altman DG, Hróbjartsson A. Assessing risk of bias in studies that evaluate health care interventions: recommendations in the misinformation age. J Clin Epidemiol. 2018 May;97:133-136. doi:10.1016/j.jclinepi.2018.01.004. Epub 2018 Jan 17. PubMed PMID: 29352995
- Lafuente-Lafuente C, Leitao C, Kilani I, Kacher Z, Engels C, Canouï-Poitrine F, Belmin J. Knowledge and use of evidence-based medicine in daily practice by health professionals: a cross-sectional survey. BMJ Open. 2019 Mar 30;9(3):e025224. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2018-025224. PubMed PMID: 30928940; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6475442.
- Makridakis S. et al. Forecasting, uncertainty and risk; perspectives on clinical decision-making in preventive and curative medicine. International Journal of Forecasting. Volume 35, Issue 2, April–June 2019, Pages 659-666. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijforecast.2017.11.003
- O'Mahony S. After the golden age: what is medicine for? Lancet. 2019 May 4;393(10183):1798-1799. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(19)30901-8. PubMed PMID: 31057159
- Moynihan R, Bero L, Hill S, Johansson M, Lexchin J, Macdonald H, Mintzes B, Pearson C, Rodwin MA, Stavdal A, Stegenga J, Thombs BD, Thornton H, Vandvik PO, Wieseler B, Godlee F. Pathways to independence: towards producing and using trustworthy evidence. BMJ. 2019 Dec 3;367:l6576. doi: 10.1136/bmj.l6576. PubMed PMID: 31796508.
- Arab-Zozani M, Moynihan RN, Pezeshki MZ. Shared decision making: How can it be helpful in reducing medical overuse due to medical misinformation mess? J Eval Clin Pract. 2020 Feb 3. doi: 10.1111/jep.13358. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 32012391
- Correia MITD. Are we capable of separating the wheat from the chaff when assessing meta-analyses? Clin Nutr. 2020 Mar;39(3):705-707. doi: 10.1016/j.clnu.2019.04.013. Epub 2019 Apr 17. PubMed PMID: 31029478.
- Mike is interviewed about
tougher standards being applied by insurers. Read the January 2008 Managed
Care Magazine interview
At Delfini Publications
Read Our Blog...
Use of our website implies agreement to our Notices. Citations for references available upon request.
Best of Delfini
Delfini Group Publishing
Us & Our Work
Navigator to Selected Resources